Apple Celery Soup with Turmeric
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Servings: four portions (at least)
For the soup:
1 big celeriac (or about 420g)
1 big red onion
2 big apples (or two medium ones)
1 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
1 liter vegetable stock
1 pinch of salt
1 tsp turmeric
for the topping:
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 medium red onion
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp maple syrup
1. Dice the onion and braise them lightly in ghee (or coconut oil).
2. Peel celeriac and dice it and the apples in small cubes and add them to the pan. Roast them on medium heat for about 5 minutes, then add vegetable stock.
3. Let the soup simmer for about 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile prepare the topping. Cut the onion and apple in small pieces, slice the celery and braise in coconut oil. Add maple syrup and caramelize the topping.
5. Remove the soup from the stove and puree with an immersion blender.
6. Season with turmeric, pepper and salt.
7. If you want the soup to be more liquid, add some plant milk or water.
8. Pour the soup in bowls and decorate with topping. Enjoy!