Christmas is nearly here and about my last chance to cover my floor in fake snow and fir needles. (So I obviously had to take it.)
It might be a sign of my semi adulthood, or just pure luck, but during this years’ Christmas preparations everything went so smoothly that I got the chance to explore the world of wintery foods. I experimented with different salads, desserts and drinks. It might have been my flatmates that were going on and on about apple wine or my love for warm juices that got me coming up with this drink. It consists of only three components and is so incredible delicious and truly (heart) warming.
Turmeric is a spice and immensely healthy. (It’s mostly used in curries.) It acts anti-inflammatory and antioxidant, is great for your brain and heart and in general your overall health. Mixed with cinnamon it tastes incredible and gives the apple juice a very delicious twist.
I wish you all a Merry Christmas, some lovely and relaxing days with lots of food together with family and friends. I am pretty excited to start cooking the Christmas dessert tomorrow, which I happily got assigned to and to spend time with my parents and friends who I haven’t seen in a while. This last year has been crazy and wonderful and it’ll be nice to have some time to reflect on it. Merry Christmas!
Warm Apple & Turmeric Drink Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 2, 500ml
- 6 small apples (or 3-4 bigger ones)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Get out your juicer and juice the apples. (If you don't own one, just use 500ml of unsweetened apple juice.)
- Heat the juice in a pot and bring it to boil. Then turn down the heat to medium.
- Add the cinnamon and turmeric while stirring. Let the juice simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- You might want to strain the juice through a sieve, if you are not a big fan of pulp. Therefore let the juice cool off a bit, before using a sieve.
- Fill in a glass or bottle and drink while it's still warm. Enjoy!