Chocolate Hazelnut Spread (Nutella!)
I used to be the kind of person that could eat a jar of Nutella in one go. To be honest, I still am. What has changed, are the ingredients in my “Nutella”. To make your own Nutella, you only need three key ingredients: hazelnuts, dates and raw cacao powder; no sugar, no dairy. And it works perfectly!
This chocolate hazelnut spread is creamy and delicious. It tastes like the real deal: chocolate and hazelnuts. I usually eat it with my morning porridge, on some good rye bread, pancakes or straight out of the jar.
And while I wouldn’t recommend eating a whole jar of it, I generally say: go for it! If you decide to try it out, don’t forget to take a picture and tag me in it. I’d love to see all your delicious results!
Chocolate Hazelnut Spread (Nutella!) Recipe
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Servings: one jar - 500g
3 tbsp raw cacao powder
3 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C / 350°F. Place the hazelnuts on a with baking paper lined baking tray and let them roast in the oven for about 15-20 minutes. Stir them after approx. 10 minutes. They are done when the hazelnuts are gold brown and the peel starts to come off.
2. Leave them to cool for a bit, then place them on a kitchen towel and rub off their peel.
3. Blend the nuts in a high speed food processor until the nuts are of an almost liquid consistency.
4. Add the other ingredients and mix until the spread is creamy. (A little tip: The blending process will get easier if the dates get mashed with a fork beforehand.)
5. The spread will last a few weeks and doesn’t need to be refrigerated.